Looking for a glowing and healthy complexion? If you answered yes, then you need to start adding these 6 best exfoliating face masks to your skin care routine!
Exfoliating seems to be overlooked and skipped when it comes to taking care of our skin at home or traveling. Most of us just wash our face, slap on some moisturizer and call it a day. I get it, it’s quick, simple, but not enough to keep our skin looking its best, especially if you travel often like me.
Without further ado keep reading and find out why you need to exfoliate and the best exfoliating face masks to look fabulous.
This article may contain affiliate / compensated links. For full information, please see our disclosure here.
Why You Should Use Exfoliating Face Masks
Benefits To Using Exfoliating Face Masks
If you have problematic skin like me then you should be using exfoliants in your skincare steps. They’re great for targeting acne, blackheads, evening skin tone, and increasing circulation for glowing skin. After a few weeks of using exfoliators in your cleansing steps you will notice a healthier and smoother appearance.
Removes Blackheads And Acne
You may wonder if exfoliating is necessary at all, but if you have unwanted blackheads like me, then exfoliating is going to be your new BFF. Exfoliants unclogs pores and debris sitting on the surface of your skin which cause blackhead, whiteheads, and acne.
Intensifies Skincare Products
If you are a beauty junkie like me, then you may invest in expensive skin care products. Serums, oils, and other products are able to penetrate more deeply into the skin after exfoliating. Pores are exposed, unclogged, and dead skin cells on the surface are removed which hindered your products not working as they should.
Promotes Circulation To The Skin
Another benefit to adding exfoliating to your beauty regime is increasing circulation which stimulates glowing skin and removes unnecessary toxins we don’t want.
Evens Out Your Skin Tone
Hyperpigmentation, dark spots, and acne scars is something I have always been extremely self conscious about with my skin. Exfoliation makes these nuisances lighter and less noticeable.
How Often Should We Exfoliate?
Depending on the exfoliator you purchased will determine how often you should exfoliate. Most exfoliating masks list suggested frequency in the directions.
How Do You Use An Exfoliator?
Best practice for exfoliating is always done on a clean face, all makeup should be removed. Don’t keep your makeup up on because you will end up massaging all the debris into your pores.
What Exfoliator Should I Use?
If you’re having difficulty deciding which exfoliator you need, consider the following- skin care concerns, skin type, and commitment needed. Answer those three questions and you can shop for the right exfoliator.
What Are The Best Exfoliating Face Masks?
We know now a few benefits of why we should be exfoliating, now I’m going to tell you my top exfoliating face masks that I personally use on a weekly basis and have transformed my skin.
1|Kate Somersville ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment
If you are looking for the best exfoliator for your face ever, the ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment is a winner! This has been the only product I have ever used and noticed results immediately after rinsing. It’s the priciest of all the masks here, but it is definitely worth every cent!
I get extremely excited every week using the ExfoliKate watching how it transforms my skin. ExfoliKate has lactic acid and fruit enzymes which are the key ingredients to remove all that garbage from your pores and leaving you with extremely polished skin. By far I consider this to be the best resurfacing mask and after one use you will be hooked with the results.
After your first time using you may notice acne pop up the following day, but don’t panic. ExfoliKate did a deep clean to your pores and all the dirt is purging itself from your face.
- WHAT IT TARGETS: Dullness, fine lines and wrinkles, and unclogging pores.
- SKIN TYPE: Safe for normal, dry, combination, and oily skin types.
- HOW TO USE AND FREQUENCY: Massage the ExfoliKate facial mask onto clean skin for 30-seconds and leave on for 2-minutes before rinsing. For best results it is recommended to use the ExfoliKate once per week.
- FREQUENCY: For best results it is recommended to use the ExfoliKate once per week.
2|NeoGen Dermalogy Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling
Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling from NeoGen Dermalogy are natural gauze pads that make the skin brighter, clearer, and much smoother.
Each container holds 30-single use gauze pads and you can purchase them on Amazon in green tea, lemon, or wine to target your most problematic skin care concerns.
I have gone through so many containers and have tried all the scents, but am obsessed with lemon. The lemon has worked wonders for my hyperpigmentation and has been my favorite brightening mask in my skin care routine.
- WHAT IT TARGETS: Oiliness, dullness, and uneven skin tone.
- SKIN TYPE: NeoGen Dermalogy Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling is safe for normal, oily, combination, dry, sensitive skin types.
- HOW TO USE: After cleansing, slip your index and middle finger in the insert of the gauze and begin to apply to your face in circular motions with the more coarse side first. Swap to the quilted side to ensure all that debris is removed then give your face a quick rinse.
- FREQUENCY: Use twice weekly or as necessary.
3|Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Facial Treatment
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Facial Treatment is aa facial clay mask make from 100% natural calcium bentonite clay and is a super clean product. It is the best facial mask for pore cleansing and as a firming face mask as well.
- WHAT IT TARGETS: This clay mask is great at detoxifying and deep cleansing the pores. And if you wondered if exfoliating helps with wrinkles, this one does! The Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay minimizes fine lines, wrinkles, and is also fabulous to address acne and embarrassing blemishes.
- SKIN TYPE: This clay mask can be used on dry, oily, sensitive, combination, or even irritated skin. If your skin is super sensitive you may want to skip this mask.
- HOW TO USE: To use this clay mask, apply to a freshly cleansed face. Mix equal amount of the clay and apple cider vinegar or water stirring with a non-metal spoon. Apply to face and rinse one it hardens. If you are having a little difficulty removing this mask keep gently rubbing your face with water to soften the clay. Don’t be alarmed if your face is red after application. This is only temporary and will be gone in less than an hour.
- FREQUENCY: For best results use 1-2 times weekly.
4|Philosophy‘s Purity Made Simple Pore Extractor Mask
The Purity Made Simple Pore Extractor mask works great at pulling all the impurities and reducing large pores, if you are having this issue. Purity made simple is great to slap on before a night out to tame your T-Zone.
- WHAT IT TARGETS: Unclogging pores, Acne, Blemishes, Uneven Texture, and dullness.
- SKIN TYPE: Purity Made Simple Pore Extractor mask works well with normal, dry, combination, and oily skin types.
- HOW TO USE: To use apply on a clean dry face. Massage onto your T-Zone and any other problematic areas with increased oiliness (applied all over in pictures to give you an idea of the overall texture of the mask). Leave on for 5-10 minutes then rinse.
- FREQUENCY: Recommended use is twice weekly.
5|AmorePacific Treatment Enzyme Peel Cleansing Powder
AmorePacific cleansing powder is a powder that turns into a foamy cleanser when mixed with water. After using this enzyme peel your skin will feel super soft and silky. Massaging the peel on my face always feels like a day at the spa with it’s super fresh scent.
Since using this exfoliant into my skin care routine it gave my face a much brighter and smooth appearance. Check out Amazon’s website for more details on pricing here!
- WHAT IT TARGETS: AmorePacific Treatment Enzyme Peel Cleansing Powder addresses dullness and uneven texture, and pores.
- SKIN TYPES: Works well with normal, dry, combination, and oily skin types work well with this product.
- HOW TO USE: Massage the Enzyme Peel Cleansing Powder onto a clean face for 20-30 seconds before rinsing. It is gentle enough to be used everyday for your morning and evening facial cleansing.
- FREQUENCY: Everyday
6|Orgins Retexturing Mask With Rose Clay
Orgins Retexturing Mask With Rose Clay is a double duty mask for your skin. Once applied it acts as a vacuum sucking out impurities and exfoliating your face at the same time! After application this exfoliator leaves my skin feeling smooth and squeaky clean.
- WHAT IT TARGETS: Oiliness, dullness, and your pores!
- SKIN TYPES: Orgins Retexturing Mask With Rose Clay works is okay to use on normal, oily, and combination skin types.
- HOW TO USE: Massage on the face after cleansing and leave on for 10-minutes before rinsing.
- FREQUENCY:This mask works best if used twice weekly!
Best Exfoliating Face Masks Info
|Best Exfoliating Face Masks||Price||Skin Types||Rating|
|Kate Somersville ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment||$$$$||Normal, Dry, Combination, and Oily Skin Types ||4.3|
|NeoGen Dermalogy Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling||$$||Normal, Dry, Combination, Sensitive, and Oily Skin Types ||4.3|
|Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Facial Treatment||$|| Dry, Combination, Sensitive, Irritated, and Oily Skin Types ||4.7|
|AmorePacific Treatment Enzyme Peel Cleansing Powder||$$$||Normal, Dry, Combination, and Oily Skin Types||3.2|
|Orgins Retexturing Mask With Rose Clay||$$||Oily, Normal, Combination||4.5|
|Philosophy Purity Made Simple Pore Extractor Mask||$$||Normal, Dry, Combination, and Oily Skin Types||4.4|
Best Exfoliating Face Masks: Conclusion
Hopefully you feel more confident and eager to add exfoliators to your skin care routine. Personally, I keep these best exfoliating face masks stocked in my bathroom cabinet. It’s your turn to give them a go. Don’t forget to let me know after you tried them in the comments below!
But Wait There Is More To Check Out…
If you enjoyed reading about the best exfoliating face masks and want additional skin care tips check out my other related posts below!
- The Cleansing Tool That Changed My Face Forever-FOREO LUNA Mini 2 Review.
- How To Follow The Korean Skincare Routine Day And Night.
- Steps To Taking Care Of Your Skin While Traveling
Like this post about the 6-best exfoliating facial masks? Share it with others or pin it for later in your Best Face Exfoliators or Skin Care Board. Remember sharing is caring!
Jetlagged Roamer is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.Leave a comment