Need some jaw-dropping Copenhagen Instagram captions? The Danes are very welcoming and the tasty cuisine, scenery, and culture are an added bonus. Here I have curated a list of some of the finest Copenhagen quotes, Copenhagen hashtags, hygge Instagram captions, Copenhagen hashtags, and Denmark puns for your Instagram photos.
So, without further ado let’s proceed to these pretty Dope-nhagen captions.
This article may contain affiliate / compensated links. For full information, please see our disclosure here.
- One Day In Copenhagen
- Copenhagen Photo Spots
- Bike Captions For Instagram
- Amsterdam Captions
- Zurich Instagram Captions
- Portugal Instagram Captions
Best Copenhagen Instagram Captions
When this quaint city leaves you speechless use these Copenhagen Instagram captions for your photos.
Fun Copenhagen Instagram Captions
- Once upon a time in Copenhagen.
- Copenhagen officially has my heart.
- I left my heart in Copenhagen…better go back and get it.
- I’m always ready for a fairytale.
- Dear Copenhagen, you’re my absolute favorite.
- When they said it’s the happiest place in the world, they weren’t wrong
- Oh darling, why don’t we just stay in Copenhagen?
Related post: One Day In Copenhagen
Funny Copenhagen Instagram Captions
Who doesn’t enjoy a good laugh? Use these funny Copenhagen Instagram captions for your photos.
- Just found out I’m the princess of Genovia.
- I’ve got a bad case of wanderlust.
- Living out my fairytale.
- Wait, this isn’t Ariel?
- If lost, return to Copenhagen.
- I think I can see Cinderella from over here.
- Darling, it’s better down where it’s wetter — in Denmark!
- They say ‘do what makes you happy’ so I bought a ticket to Copenhagen.
- Meet me by the canal. When they said it’s the happiest place in the world, they weren’t wrong.
- Follow your heart, even if it takes you all the way to Denmark.
Short Copenhagen Instagram Captions
Use these short Copenhagen Instagram captions for your photos.
- Never met a castle I didn’t like.
- Denmark, I’m yours!
- City of fairytales.
- Copenhagen gives me butterflies.
- Sometimes I dream of Denmark.
- Daydreaming in Copenhagen.
- Show your colors!
- I want a little bit of Copenhagen.
- Collect moments, not things.
- Life’s a fairytale.
- I really, really like Copenhagen.
- Castles and canals up ahead. Disney’s got nothing on this.
- Enjoying life one colorful house at a time.
Love crusing? Why not see the colorful homes in Nyhavn by taking a canal cruise.
- Pretty Dope-nhagen.
- Feeling Glogg-y.
- Hygge-ing out from the world.
- How’s it Copen-hang-en?
- (Den)mark my words.
- Night and Dane.
- CopenHANGIN out.
- A post-castle beer is a delightful fairy-ale.
- The food in Copenhagen is so so-fish-ticated.
- Please, sir, can I have Smørrebrød.
- Tivoli have eyes for you.
- Enjoying a reign-y day here at the castle.
- (Den)marks the spot.
- I’m having a bad herring day.
- I’m not Copen very well with the fact that I have to leave today.
- I love Copen-hagen out with you.
Related post: Copenhagen Photo Spots
There is nothing like a good quote. These Copenhagen quotes will touch your heart about this beautiful city.
- “If Copenhagen were a person, that person would be generous, beautiful, elderly, but with a flair.” – Connie Nielsen
- “For years, whenever I’d been travelling and came back to Copenhagen, I’d think: ‘People are so stylish.’ And it’s not any one class. It’s everyday life.” – Susanne Bier
- “The city of Copenhagen is a climate crime scene tonight, with the guilty men and women fleeing to the airport in shame. World leaders had a once in a generation chance to change the world for good, to avert catastrophic climate change. In the end they produced a poor deal full of loopholes big enough to fly Air Force One through.” — Kumi Naidoo
- “If I were forced to sum up in one sentence what the Copenhagen interpretation says to me, it would be ‘Shut up and calculate!”‘ — David Mermin
- “I would go back to Copenhagen in a heartbeat.” – Tony Visconti
- “In Copenhagen, we all ride bicycles everywhere, partly because it is impossible to park a car, but also because you can cross the city in 20 minutes on a bike.” — Birgitte Hjort Sorensen
- “Places like Belgium and the south of France, Sweden and Copenhagen are really alive. They really love rock ‘n’ roll, they really respond.” — Tom Verlaine
More Quotes About Copenhagen
Here are some more quotes about Copenhagen to use for your Instagram captions.
- “If Copenhagen were a person, that person would be generous, beautiful, elderly, but with a flair. A human being that has certain propensities for quarrelling filled with imagination and with appetite for the new and with respect for the old — somebody who takes good care of things and of people.” — Connie Nielsen
- “Copenhagen has done a remarkable job creating streets that are focused on bicycles and pedestrians.” — Alex Steffen
- “So the old Copenhagen interpretation needs to be generalized, needs to be replaced by something that can be used for the whole universe, and can be used also in cases where there is plenty of individuality and history.” — Murray Gell-Mann
- “My father is from Copenhagen and he lived there until he was in his late 20s. We always grew up with a lot of Danish culture at home. My mother is Jewish but we always celebrated Christmas because we loved the traditions of Danish Christmas.” — Scarlett Johansson
- “You must come to Copenhagen to work with us. We like people who can actually perform thought experiments!” — Niels Bohr
- “In Copenhagen, there’s a long-term commitment to creating a well-functioning pedestrian city where all forms of movement — pedestrian, bicycles, cars, public transportation — are accommodated with equal priority.” — Bjarke Ingels
Enjoy these beautiful Denmark quotes I have curated for you.
- “If Americans want to live the American dream, they should go to Denmark.” – Richard G. Wilkinson
- “Here in Denmark, you can easily just be left alone. This is my ‘hood, and people leave me alone; it’s nice.” -Lars Mikkelsen
- “Denmark is, of course is very much like Germany: in terms of culture, the same kind of thinking, etc.” -Michala Petri
- “Denmark is charging a fat food tax on cheese, meat, and oil. Here, we call that the Denny’s Grand Slam breakfast.” -Jay Leno
- “For young girls, whom I meet a lot when I travel around the country, it will be a big thing. It will really show them that there’s no post in Denmark that a girl can’t aspire to.” -Helle Thorning-Schmidt
- “Denmark is a small place. We all know each other.” -Mads Mikkelsen
- “Denmark has long been regarded as one of the world’s most attractive nations, for citizens and tourists alike. My own visits there, years ago as a student, were delightful.” -Elliott Abrams
- “Denmark is like a big family of people.” – Susanne Bier
- “Denmark is a country built on a commercial fleet. That’s basically what we have been doing. We’re just a small country of islands, and every family has a sailor. So, in many ways, my father was a sailor before I was born.” -Tobias Lindholm
- “Denmark (also called Norway) is best known as the original home of the prune Danish as well as the Vikings, who wore hats with horns sticking out of them, and for a very good reason: they were insane.” -Dave Barry
- “I followed a guy to Denmark. I came home with a broken heart.”-Elle King
- “Bernie Sanders did not wake up last night with this great idea that we should guarantee health care to all people as a right. Actually, it exists in every other major country on earth. You don’t know that, because the media has forgotten to tell you that. But it does exist. In Denmark, because of union negotiations, the minimum wage is about $20 an hour. In Germany, you go to college tuition-free. In Finland, they actually pay you to go to college. Now, you don’t know that in America because CBS forgot to tell you. But that is the reality.” -Bernie Sanders
- “Denmark is like a secret little place with its own special language.” – Helena Christensen
- “Being identified as a poet in France or Denmark or India one is greeted with gracious respect.”-James Broughton “Coffee, according to the women of Denmark, is to the body what the Word of the Lord is to the soul.” -Isak Dinesen
Related post: One Day In Copenhagen
Hygge is everywhere in Copenhagen, you can just feel it. It’s hard to describe to those who haven’t felt it before. So you can use these hygge quotes for Instagram.
- “You cannot buy the right atmosphere or a sense of togetherness. You cannot hygge if you are in a hurry or stressed out, and the art of creating intimacy cannot be bought by anything but time, interest and engagement in the people around you.”― Meik Wiking, The Little Book of Hygge: The Danish Way to Live Well
- “How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives. -Annie Dillard”― Louisa Thomsen Brits, The Book of Hygge: The Danish Art of Living Well
- “Hygge is about having less, enjoying more; the pleasure of simply being.
- It is generous and celebratory, a way to remember the importance of the simple act of living itself.”― Louisa Thomsen Brits, The Book of Hygge: The Danish Art of Living Well
- “Hyggelige as the Danes may be, there is one serious drawback to being crazy about candles: the soot. Studies show that lighting just one candle fills the air with more microparticles than traffic in a busy street.
- A study undertaken by the Danish Building Research Institute showed that candles shed more particles indoors than either cigarettes or cooking. Despite Denmark being a highly regulated country, we have yet to see warning labels on candles. Nobody messes with the hygge fanatics.”― Meik Wiking, The Little Book of Hygge: The Danish Way to Live Well
- “Happiness is quality time with friends and family. Incorporate hygge into everyday life.”― Jessica Joelle Alexander, The Danish Way of Parenting: What the Happiest People in the World Know About Raising Confident, Capable Kids
- “There is a simple fidelity to the moment that we experience through hygge….we adjust our surroundings to guide our energy and desire. Hygge pays attention to the concerns of the human spirit, turning us towards a manner of living that priorities simple pleasure, friendship and connection above consumption.”― Louisa Thomsen Brits, The Book of Hygge: The Danish Art of Living Well
- “In its aspect of comfort, hygge involves a sense of wellbeing which encourages relaxation and peacefulness. It excludes by definition a distracted or preoccupied state of mind: hygge is commitment par excellence to the present moment in its basics. In the words of Hartmann-Petersen, ‘Hygge rushes in of itself as soon as one is carefree.’ -Judith Friedman Hansen”― Louisa Thomsen Brits, The Book of Hygge: The Danish Art of Living Well
- “Pure love and possibility, aka Hygge, moves plasmic aetheric space into the fire, air, water, earth, and metal elements in an evolving cycle.”― Caroline Hurry, Reign: 16 Secrets From 6 Queens To Rule Your World With Clarity, Connection & Sovereignty
Enjoy food tours? Get a taste of Scandavian cusine with a food walking tour.
Hygge Instagram Captions
Hygge is something you just have to experience for yourself in Copenhagen. Use these hygge Instagram captions when you can’t find the words to describe this feeling.
- Home of Hygge.
- Hello, Hygge!
- Stay cozy friends.
- Enjoying life’s simple pleasure.
- Livin’ the Hygge life.
- Let’s get cozy.
Romantic Danish Phrases
- “Du er den, jeg har ventat pa hele mit liv.” Meaning: You are the one I’ve been waiting for my whole life.
- “Jeg er meget mere mig, nar jeg er sammen med dig.” Meaning: I’m much more me when I’m with you.
- “Det er meningen, at vi skal være sammen.” Meaning: We are meant to be together.
- “Vil du gifte dig med mig?” Meaning: Will you marry me?
- “At være sammen med dig, er mit yndlingssted at være.” Meaning: Together with you is my favorite place to be.
- “Hvis jeg ved, hvad kærlighed er, er det pa grund af dig.” Meaning: If I know what love is, it is because of you.
- “Hvis jeg skulle leve mit liv igen, ville jeg finde dig tidligere.” Meaning: If I were to live my life again, I’d find you sooner.
- “Jeg kan ikke forestille mig mit liv uden dig I det.” Meaning: I can’t imagine my life without you in it.
- “Tak for altid at være min regnbue efter stormen.” Meaning: Thank you for always being my rainbow after the storm.
Popular Danish Sayings
Here are some popular Danish sayings.
- “Tomme tønder buldrer mest.” Meaning: People with nothing to say, often speak the most.
- “Fra børn og fulde folk skal man høre sandheden.” Meaning: From children and drunk people you’ll hear the truth.
- “At sluge en kamel” Meaning: When you have to accept something that you don’t like or something that contradicts your beliefs and wishes.
- “Man skal ikke skue hunden på hårene.” Meaning: Don’t judge someone by the way they look.
- “Små gryder har også ører.” Meaning: Children understand more than you think, so adults shouldn’t talk too loud about their secrets when kids are around.
- “Ingen roser uden torne.” Meaning: The greatest things in life don’t come without pain.
- “Det blæser en halv pelican” Meaning: Describing how fast the Danish wind blows.
- “Nød lærer nøgen kvinde at spinde.” Meaning: People need to find solutions in difficult situations.
- “En fugl i hånden er bedre end ti på taget.” Meaning: It is better to have something real than just a dream.
Wise Danish Proverbs
Proverbs are powerful words. Use these Danish proverbs for your Copenhagen Instagram captions.
- Don’t throw away dirty water before you have more clean water.
- The sky is not less blue because the blind man does not see it.
- Laws, like the spider’s webs, catch the flies and let the hawk go free.
- If I die, I forgive you If I live, we shall see…
- No one gets into trouble without their own help.
- If you would live healthily, be old early.
- What the sober man has in his heart, the drunkard has on his lips.
- A chain is as strong as its weakest link.
- Good men must die, but death cannot kill their names.
- Since we cannot get what we like, let us like what we can get.
- Love is one-eyed, hate is blind.
- How beautiful it is to do nothing, and then rest afterward.
- He who doesn’t open his eyes when he buys must still open his purse to pay.
- The first drink with water, the second without water, the third like water.
- Good counsel is no better than bad counsel if it is not taken in time.
- If you want to be respected, you must respect yourself.
- Sail while the breeze blows, wind and tide wait for no man.
- A bird never flew on one wing.
- An honest man does not make himself a dog for the sake of a bone.
- What you are, is God’s gift to you what you do with yourself is your gift to God.
- A good example is like a bell that calls many to church..
- God gives all birds their food but does not drop it into their nests.
Related post: Captions For Travel
#copenhagen #denmark #københavn #visitcopenhagen #visitdenmark #danmark #cph #igerscopenhagen #delditkbh #voreskbh #igersdenmark #sharingcph #ibyen #ig_denmark #mitkbh #aokdk #kbh #nørrebro #scandinavia #govisitdenmark #danish #nyhavn #mxkbh #featuremevisitcopenhagen #vesterbro #dänemark #copenhagenlife #dk #ig_week_denmark #loves_denmark #copenaghen #tivoli #nørrebronx #deldinby #tilbyen
Copenhagen Instagram Captions Wrap Up
I hope you enjoyed this list of Copenhagen Instagram captions as much as I had putting them together for you. Without a doubt, I know you will fall in love with it here just as I did. Which of these Copenhagen Instagram captions, quotes about Copenhagen, Denmark puns, and Danish proverbs were your favorite? Let me know in the comments below.
Lover of quotes. Check out these other posts for your Instagram:
- Beach Quotes And Beach Captions
- Los Angeles Captions
- Friend Travel Quotes
- Quotes About Greece
- Hawaii Quotes And Captions
- Makeup Captions
- New York Captions For Instagram
- Solo Travel Quotes
- Summer Quotes And Captions
- Sun Quotes
- Sunset Captions
- Travel Quotes And Captions
- Waterfall QuotesBeverly Hills Quotes
- Mexico Captions
- Statue Of Liberty Quotes
- Dubai Instagram Captions
- Desert Instagram Captions
- Times Square Captions
- Rooftop Captions For Instagram
- Florida Captions
- Quotes About Palm Trees
- Idioms About Travel
- Amsterdam Captions
- Zurich Instagram Captions
- Utah Quotes
- Road Trip Instagram Captions
- Abu Dhabi Instagram Captions
- Malibu Captions
- Flying Captions
- Hollywood Captions
- Texas Instagram Captions
- California Instagram Captions
- Tulum Captions
- Portugal Instagram Captions
- Bahamas Captions
- Seattle Captions
- Argentina Captions
- Miami Instagram Captions
- Self Love Captions For Instagram
- Adventure Captions For Instagram
- Star Captions For Instagram
- Fall Instagram Captions
- Bike Captions For Instagram
- Snowflake Instagram Captions
- Bucket List Captions
- Pumpkin Patch Captions For Instagram
- Croissant Captions For Instagram
- Black And White Captions For Instagram