It can be hard thinking of the perfect caption for Instagram, right? Here I have done the hard work for you and have listed 262 awesome summer captions and summertime quotes that are fantastic for your Instagram posts and get you in the summer mood.
This article may contain affiliate / compensated links. For full information, please see our disclosure here.
BEACH PUNS SUMMER CAPTIONS
1. Beach, please!
2. Tropic like it’s hot
3. I’m an aquaholic
4. Shell-abrate good times
5. Beach Bum.
6. Anchors away.
7. I love SUNday.
8. Game of cones.
9. That crazy little sun of a beach.
10. Just hanging with my gull-friends
11. Beauty and the beach.
12. Keep palm and carry on.
13. Beach you to it!
14. Happiness comes in waves.
15. Namast’ay at the beach.
16. Keepin’ it reel.
17. Ready to sea the world.
18. Aboat time.
19. I can sea clearly now.
20. Happy as a clam.
21. There are Sundays, and then there are Sun-days!
22. A midsummer ice cream.
23. Long time, no sea!
24. Sun of a beach!
25. I don’t wanna be tied down.
26. Anything is popsicle!
27. Hanging with my grill friends.
28. Happiest in flip flops.
30. Giving in to pier pressure.
31. Life’s a wave, catch it!
33. You, me, and the sea.
34. Stay salty.
35. You’re one in a melon.
36. You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy ice cream…and that’s pretty much the same thing.
37. Feeling tan-tastic.
38. Let’s have some fun in the sunshine.
39. Yay, it’s summer again! Yippee!
CUTE SUMMER CAPTIONS
40. Summer is the best I’ve ever felt.
41. Summer is the best vacation.
42. Wake me up when it’s summer.
43. Keep calm and lay in the sun
44. I want to smile at the sun.
45. Keep calm it’s summer vacation.
46. Life is cool by the pool.
47. I dream of a never ending summer.
48. Keep cool and wear sunglasses.
49. Oh no! Summer is over.
50. It’s always summer somewhere.
51. Mentally on the beach.
52. Every summer is its own story.
53. I you want to shine like a sun, first burn like a sun.
54. Live in the sunshine.
55. Friends are the sunshine of life.
56. This summer will be hot, hot, hot!
57. Wake me up when summer begins.
58. Hello holiday! I’m so happy to see you!
59. Make your first day of summer extra special!
60. Today, fill your cup of life with sunshine, love & laughter.
61. Good times in summer (fill in year).
62. Summer is all I want.
63. Good things come to those who swim.
64. Follow the sun.
65. Tan lines fade, but friends are forever.
66. That summer feeling.
67. Dreams are made of sand and sun.
69. Let Summer began!
70. Endless sun. Endless fun. Endless summer.
71. Let summer begin!
72. Sandy toes, tan lines and ocean waves.
73. Make your own sunshine.
74. Follow the sun.
75. I’m dreaming of a hot summer.
76. I’m all about sun days.
77. High tides and good vibes.
78. I stay in vacation mode.
79. Summertime is always the best of what might be!
80. In a sunshine state of mind.
81. Girls just wanna have sun.
82. Sunshine is the best medicine.
83. All you need is ice cream.
84. Nothing but sandy skin and summer smiles.
85. Into the sun
86. Always on the sunny side.
87. Block his number and enjoy your summer.
88. Soak in the sun.
QUOTES FOR SUMMER CAPTIONS
89. ”One must maintain a little bit of summer, even in the middle of winter.” —Henry David Thoreau
90. ”I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.” —F.Scott Fitzgerald
91. ”A little bit of summer is what the whole year is all about.” —John Mayer
92. ”Summertime is always the best of what might be.” —Charles Bowden
93. ”Live in the sunshine. Swim in the sea. Drink in the wild air.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
94. ”Summer has filled her veins with light and her heart is washed with noon.” —C. Day-Lewis
95. ”I wonder what it would be like to live in a world where it was always June.” —L.M. Montgomery
96. ”I have only to break into the tightness of a strawberry, and I see summer – its dust and lowering skies” —Toni Morrison
97. ”I wonder what it would like to live in a world where it was always June.” —L.M. Montgomery
98. ”Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August.” —Jenny Han
99. ”Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.” —Henry James
100. ”Summer bachelors, like summer breezes, are never as cool as they pretend to be.” —Nora Ephron
FUNNY SUMMER CAPTIONS
101. Summer is the best excuse for lazy days.
102. Vitamin sea.
103. Is it summer yet?
104. A bikini is always a good idea.
105. A pineapple a day keeps the worries away.
106. I need a six month vacay twice a year.
107. Let the countdown to beach time begin.
108. Sun, sand, and pineapple in hand.
109. Pool hair, don’t care.
110. I live in vacation mode.
111. I need 6 months vacation twice a year.
112. I felt like summer had taken over me.
113. The beach: where doing absolutely nothing is doing something.
114. Adventure is calling, but I can’t come to the phone right now.
115. I could never in a hundred summers get tired of this.
116. Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August
117. Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer like it.
118. Tangled hair don’t care.
119. Let the countdown to summer begin!
120. The end of summer makes people restless.
121. Where can I get more vacation days?
122. Less Monday more summer.
123. Dear summer, please restart yourself!
124. Life is better when you’re under the sun.
125. Never stop chasing your summer.
126. I’m in a flip flop state of mind.
127. Happiness is air-conditioning on a hot summer night.
128. Summer should get a speeding ticket.
129. Don’t worry, beach happy.
130. Watch more sunsets than Netflix.
131. Find me under the palms.
132. If it requires a bikini, my answer is yes.
133. All I need this summer is tequila and a tan.
134. I followed my dreams and it led me to the beach – and of course I had to stop at the nearest bar on the way
135. Swimming is my therapy.
136. All I want its the sun, the sand and a drink in my hands.
137. Tan and tipsy.
138. Remember SPF is you BFF.
139. I followed my dreams and it led me to the beach.
140. You’re the salt and lime to my tequila.
141. The beach: where doing absolutely nothing is something.
142. Hello loverly summer.
143. Summer please don’t go.
144. Summertime, and the livin’ is easy.
SUMMER CAPTIONS FROM MUSIC LYRICS
145. “You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.”- Johnny Cash, ‘You Are My Sunshine’
146. “Long, long hot summer night, As far as my eyes could see.” – Jimi Hendrix, ‘ Long Hot Summer Night’
147. “You’re like a cold beer, darling on a long-hot summer’s day.” Rod Stewart, ‘Delicious’
148. “We’ll keep on spending the sunny days this way.”- The Young Rascals
149. “Summer, summer, summertime, time to sit back and unwind.” DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince
150. “Summertime, and the living’ is easy.” – Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong
151. ”Oh babe, you make me feel like it’s a hot summer night.” — Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, ‘Hot Summer Night’
152. “ Here comes the sun, and I say it’s all right.” The Beatles, ‘Here Comes The Sun’
153. “It was a hot summer night and a beach was burning.” Meatloaf, ‘ You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth.”
154. “What would I pay to spend a day warm on the sand?” — The Little Mermaid, ‘Part of Your World’
155. “Don’t you know it’s summer time.” Gladys Knight & The Pips, ‘ It’s Summer Time’
156. ”We walk the beach at midnight and watch the stars in the clear skies.” — Willow Smith, “Summer Fling”
157. “You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are gray.” — Johnny Cash, “You Are My Sunshine”
158. ”I’m walking on sunshine. Wow!” — Katrina and the Waves, ‘Walking on Sunshine’
159. “I got a pocket, got a pocketful of sunshine.” — Natasha Bedingfield, ‘Pocketful of Sunshine’
160. “”Is it supposed to be this hot all summer long?” — Miley Cyrus, ‘Malibu’
161. “And that summer feeling is gonna haunt you.” Jonathan Richman, ‘ That Summer Feeling’
SUMMER QUOTES FOR INSTAGRAM
162. ”Live in the sunshine. Swim in the sea. Drink in the wild air.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
163. ”Tears of joy are like the summer rain drops pierced by sunbeams.” — Hosea Ballou
164. ”Summer afternoon — summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.” —Henry James
165. ”Oh, the summer night, has a smile of light, and she sits on a sapphire throne.” — Bryan Procter
166. “Summer has always been good to me, even the bittersweet end, with the slanted yellow light.”― Paul Monette, Borrowed Time: An AIDS Memoir
167. “All I cared about that summer were suntans, beaches, boys and booze.”- Shannon Celebi, Small Town Demons
168. ”A vacation is having nothing to do and all day to do it in.” —Robert Orben
169. ”I love how summer just wraps its arms around you like a warm blanket.” —Kellie Elmore
FUNNY SUMMER CAPTIONS
170. It’s gonna be another flip flop summer.
171. Are you sunburnt are always hot.
172. Can we restart summer?
173. My BFF is the A/C unit.
174. Let’s wander where Wi-Fi is weak.
175. I’m sorry for the things I said when it was winter.
176. Flip flops are my favorite shotes.
177. Swim your worries away.
178. This can’t be summer love.
179. My favorite summer reading list is reading menus from restaurants in different cities I travel to.
180. I wasn’t made for winter, I want my flip flops.
181. Come on summer!!!!
182. Good things come to those who swim.
183. Happy unsticking your thighs from a chair season.
184. Home is where the pool is.
185. Staying cool in the pool.
186. I prefer footprints in the san than the snow.
187. Keep calm and summer will come.
SUMMER ACTIVITY CAPTIONS
188. This really floats my boat.
189. Putting the “pool” in carpool.
190. Life was meant for good friends and great adventures.
191. Queen of the (sand) castle.
192. Things are going swimmingly.
193. Make summer your adventure.
194. Say yes to new adventures.
195. Sand, sun, and surf.
SUMMER NIGHTS QUOTES & CAPTIONS
196. “ The summer night is fragrant. “ Leonard Cohen, ‘ Closing Time’
197. “A summer night is the perfect reflection of thoughts.- Wallace Stephens
198. “Summer days driftin’ away, to uh-oh those summer nights.” — Grease, ‘Summer Nights’
199. “Sound loves to revel in a summer night”- Edgar Allan Poe
200. “Hot summer nights, mid July when you and I were forever wild.” — Lana Del Rey, ‘Young and Beautiful’
201. “It is as if everything else in the world stops as we lie here in the summer night.” Huntley Fitzpatrick, My Life Next Door
202. “Ain’t nothin like them summer nights”- Lil Rob, ‘Summer Nights’
203. “Celebrate summer–sun-drenched days and starlit nights.” Gooseberry Patch
204. “Summer night– even the stars are whispering to each other.”- Kobayashi Issa
205. “These summer nights are short. Going to bed before midnight is unthinkable and talk, wine, moonlight and the warm air are often in league to defer it one, two or three hours more. ― Patrick Leigh Fermor, Mani: Travels in the Southern Peloponnese
206. “The summer night is like a perfection of thought.” Wallace Stevens
207. “Holler if you’re ready for some summer nights.”- Rascal Flats, ‘Summer Nights’
208. Good company and summer nights.
209. Long live summer nights!
210. Every sunset is an opportunity to rest.
211. Summer nights and city lights.
212. I love you like a summer night.
213. To watch a sunset is to connect with the divine.
214. Christ every sunset.
215. I can’t wait for summer nights.
216. My favorite color is sunset.
217. Every sunset brings the promise of a new dawn.
218. I’m ready for the summer nights.
SUMMER INSTAGRAM CAPTIONS
219. Hair up. Sunnies on. World off.
220. Hey summer I’m waiting for you.
221. There is sunshine in my soul today.
222. I just want to chill on the beach all summer long.
223. But oh! Those summer nights.
224. I’m a summer girl/guy.
225. Those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer
226. Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it
227. I don’t wanna work, I just want to play on the beach all day.
228. Star light, star bright, I wish I was on the beach tonight.
229. Ii need to live where summer never ends.
231. This summer, put your phone away for a few days. Make some memories that no-one knows about, make some memories that are just yours.
232. It’s always summer in my heart and in my soul.
233. it’s summer vacation.
234. If life is a journey, the beach is my destination.
235. Every summer has a story.
236. Summer – Hair gets lighter. Skin gets darker. Water gets warmer. Drinks get colder. Music gets louder. Nights get longer. Life gets better.
237. Don’t bother me, I’m on summer vacation
238. Ocean child.
239. I’m a better person when tan.
240. Salt water therapy.
241. Enjoy your summer break!
242. I could never in a hundred summers get tired of this.
243. Got that sunshine in my pocket.
244. Into the sun.
245. Forever chasing the sun.
246. Feeling Tropical.
247. In life’s winter, find your invincible summer.
248. Kissed by the sun.
249. Everyday is one step closer to summer.
250. Close your eyes and feel the summer breeze.
251. Good morning sunshine.
252. Just the smell of summer can make me fall in love.
253. Some days you just have to create your own sunshine.
254. Live by the sun, love by the moon.
255. Happiness is a summer afternoon.
256. A life without love is like a year without summer.
257. Dear winter, I’m breaking up with you. I think it’s time I start seeing other sessions. Summer is hotter than you.
258. The sun shines not on us but in us.
259. Even the sun is jealous of the way you shine.
260. Always wear sunscreen.
261. Laugh. Wear sunscreen.
262. I could never in a hundred summers get tired of this.
THAT’S A WRAP ON SUMMER CAPTIONS
Well, there’s your list of 262 captions and quotes about summer. Telll me your favorite in the comments below.
If you love quotes check out my other posts and Pinterest board with more quotes and captions:
- A Collection Of Traveling Alone Quotes
- Funny Travel Quotes
- Best Friend Travel Quotes
- Beach Travel Quotes
- Quotes About Miami
- Awesome Quotes About Greece