Looking for some fabulous quotes about Miami to get you pumped for your trip? I have compiled the best list of 149 Miami quotes, Instagram captions, and local sayings about this premier vacation destination.
This article may contain affiliate / compensated links. For full information, please see our disclosure here.
BEST QUOTES ABOUT MIAMI
1. “I think Miami is such a beautiful, sexy, gorgeous place. I love the people there.”- Minka Kelly
2. “The people in Miami are so different from anywhere else I’ve been in American. They’re so down to Earth, Really friendly, and quiet self-effacing, with a good sense of humor. I’m not saying other parts of America don’t have a sense of humor, but Miami maybe has to have a really good sense of humor for lots of different reasons, and it works. It works for me.”- Tracy Emin
3. “I like anywhere with a beach. A beach and warm weather is all I really need. I like going to Florida – to Miami and to visit my mom in Fort Meyers” – Rob Gronkowski
4. “Miami is nothing like me, and that’s why I need to be here – it’s the opposite. I’m practical, where this place is moody, I’m stolid in my interior, where this place has a certain flair, and I’m materialistic in a sense that this place is fundamentally spiritual – there’s a quicksilver quality about this place.” – Iggy Pop
5. “What’s special about Miami is the collision of cultures. And the white sand beaches and fantastic restaurants.” – Jeffrey Dean Morgan
6. “The thing that’s really cool for me about Miami Beach is you have this dichotomy between sunlight and family and happiness and innocence and then at night, darker, stranger mob conspiracy stuff sort of comes out. It seems like a storytelling engine. You can just keep writing about how those two worlds smash into each other.” – Mitch Glazer
7. “Is Miami America? Is it a state? Is it the South? … I love Miami for the same reason I love the places I love most around the world… it’s the mix here, this big, messy, dysfunctional hell-broth of people from all over the world that make it so awesome and make it a place I want to keep coming back to. Also the food’s good.” – Anthony Bourdain ( I miss this guy)
8. “I am lucky enough to live in Miami so dinner on the beach with people I love is one of my favorite ways to relax.” – Adriana Lima
9. “I love Miami; I miss it so much. I miss the beach, the peace it brings you. I love the sound and smell of the sea.” – Genesis Rodriguez
10. “Another day, another country. Miami’s like that. You could eat your way across the Caribbean and through all of Latin America, and then over to Africa if you’d like. It’s all there.” – Parts Unknown (the Miami episode)
11. “Miami, you can never run out of material as long as you have Miami around you, you will never, never stop being amused.” -Dave Barry
12. “I’m from a Cuban family, so we’re used to talking really loud. You come to a Cuban restaurant anywhere in Miami, and we’re practically screaming at each other.” – Kat Dahlia.
13. “My favorite city is Miami. It’s very fresh and the beach is sunny.”-Liu Wen
14. “One of my favorite vacation places is Miami, because of the people, the water and the beach – of course – and the architecture on Miami Beach is so wonderful.” – Oksana Baiul
15. “Miami is the place where all great Medicare fraud schemes come from. It has a great concentration of professional criminals and old people.” – David Fahrenthold
16. “What’s special about Miami is the collision of cultures and the white sand beaches and fantastic restaurants.”- Jeffery Dean Morgan
17. “Miami Beach is a completely interesting hybrid because it is, on the one hand, a resort and, on the other hand, a real city. This condition of city and water on two sides I think is really amazing. And in the heart of that city, it has put an enormous convention center, an enormous physical presence.” – Rem Koolhaas
18. “ I am lucky enough to live in Miami so dinner on the beach with people I love is one of my favorite ways to relax.” – Adriana Lima
19. “Miami is one of these places where diversity is in our blood, where, you know, if you want to go have a Nicaraguan breakfast, a Cuban lunch, and an American diner dinner, you do.” -Ana Naavarro
20. “This is what America’s all about, nobody’s being hurt they have a right to express themselves, I watched all the television I could on Miami-Dade and I didn’t see anybody being shoved around.”- Bob Dole
21. “Look at what has happened to Miami. It has become a Third World country. You just pick it up and take it and move it someplace. You would never know you’re in the United States of America. You would certainly say you’re in a Third World country.” – Tom Tancredo
22. “I love Miami because it’s so low-key. It’s not a proper city like New York or Los Angeles, where if you go outside you have to be properly dressed and everything. In Miami, I could walk around naked. The good thing here is that there aren’t too many photographers chasing you. If you’re in LA, the photographers are everywhere.” – Anna Kournikova
23. “It is Paris that makes one feel poetic, Rome that makes one feel heroic, yet it is Miami that makes one feel young.”- Pietros Maneos
FUNNY MIAMI QUOTES
24.“I’m a Latina from Miami. I pity you if you think you’re going to out-shout me.” – Ana Navarro
25. “In cities like Miami, my hair can get so frizzy, it looks crazy. I use TRESemme Extra Hold hairspray. I use a lot of it.” – Ana Ivanovic
26. “Getting on a plane, I told the ticket lady, “Send one of my bags to New York, send one to Los Angeles, and send one to Miami.” She said, “We can’t do that!” I told her, “You did it last week!” – Henny Youngman
27. “Miami where everyone moves and talks about how great it was wherever they came from.”- Unknown
28. “Jews don’t care about ancient rivalries. We worry about humidity in Miami.”- Evan Sayet
29. “I had learned something of Miami from people who had visited there, so I knew what to expect.”- Sidney Poitier
30. “Of course in Miami, not denouncing Fidel Castro at every turn is almost as bad as saying Gloria Estefan can’t sing.”- Gloria Estefan
31. “Miami…The floating-human-body-parts capital of America.”- Carl Hiaasen, Bad Monkey
32. “Watching ‘CSI:Miami’ is like watching “Teen Jeopardy!’ Or doing the crossword puzzle in ‘People’ magazine. It make you feel smart even when you’re not.”- Willie Geist
33. “As soon as I came to L.A., I was told that I was exotic. I’d think, But I’m from Miami! I’m as American as a cheeseburger!” – Genesis Rodriguez
34. “Almost everything strange washes up near Miami.”- Rick Riordan
35. “Miami is not optimal for raising a child.” -Jeffrey Dean Morgan
36. “Those bellhops in Miami are tip-happy. I ordered a deck of playing cards and the bellboy made fifty-two trips to my room.”- Henry Youngman
37. “People- just weird people are attracted to Miami and they come there not for serious reasons, usually.”- Dave Barry
38. “Let’s make this a special Father’s Day by getting together to violently root against the Miami Heat.”- Unknown
39. “The Grand Canyon? Umm I guess. What about Miami?! We can take in the cultural sights like the aquarium. And stuff.”- Unknown
40. “Why can’t DFW compete like San Francisco does with Oakland, like Miami does with Fort Lauderdale, and like Chicago O’Hare does with Midway?”- John Ensign
41. “Tel Aviv is new, built on the sand dunes north of Jaffa in the 1890s, about the same time Miami was founded. The cities bear a resemblance in size, site, climate, and architecture, which ranges from the bland to the fancifully bland.”- P.J. O’Rourke
42.“The French like burgers, Madonna, and Miami Vice.” – Nicolas Sarkozy
43. “We made part of the record in Miami, and I would go down to the beach, and not 20 feet from the water I see a fish that is at least seven feet long swimming close to the shore. I did not go back in the ocean the entire month.” Michael Stipe
44. “180 Episodes of ‘CSI:Miami’ and never the same lipstick twice!”- Emily Procter
45. “I’m not impressed by anything the Miami Heat does…”- Jason Terry
46. “Summer in the winter, Miami in December.”- Don Johnson “I feel like ‘CSI: Miami’ was just a license to do all sorts of horrible things that I’d always wanted to do.”- Emily Procter
MIAMI BOOK QUOTES
47. “Having Miami in a state like Florida makes no sense. You may as well put Los Angeles in the middle of Arkansas. It’s not connected, it’s just bright and loud and big and…here.”-Caspara Vega, Southern Dust
48. “And you definitely shouldn’t attempt to drive yourself in Miami, because odds are you’d make some foolish tourist mistake such as stop for a red light, which means you’d be rear-ended by a vehicle going upwards of eighty miles per hour driven by a motorist with no insurance but a minimum of two firearms.” Dave Barry, I’’m Mature When I’m Dead: Dave Barry’s Amazing Tales of Adulthood
49. “ Cuba is hell, Miami is purgatory.”- Reinaldo Arenas, Before Night Falls
50. “Havana vanities come to dust in Miami.”-Joan Diddion, Miami
51. “In Miami the obsession with making things work and being practical, with making lots of money, sometimes out of the fear of starving, has replaced a sense of life and, above all, of pleasure, adventure, and irreverence.”- Reinaldo Arenas, Before Night Falls
52. “Some years ago I proposed a new tourism-promotion slogan for Miami. I even had a bumper sticker made. It said: ‘Come back to Miami! We Weren’t Shooting at YOU’.”- Dave Barry, I’’m Mature When I’m Dead: Dave Barry’s Amazing Tales of Adulthood
MIAMI MOVIE QUOTES
53. “If Miami hasn’t got it, they haven’t invented it yet.” – Miami Vice
54. “Then her’s driving back from Miami at 20-miles an hour with the parking break on.”- Birdcage
55. “Every time I see y’all, man, y’all got the silk shirts on, jewelry, you know, lookin’ real Miami.”- 2 Fast 2 Furious
56. “Blue power, motherf**kers! Miami PD!”- Badboys II
57. ““Okay. I call my lawyer. He’s the best lawyer in Miami.”- Scarface
MIAMI NIGHTLIFE QUOTES
58. “I don’t know how anyone lives in Miami, because no one goes to sleep.” -Dave Portnoy
59. “In Miami getting ready to raise some money and rock the Vagabond tonight see you there…”- John Digweed
60. “New money, I found the fountain of youth. I’m headed to Miami to f**k up the Fontaine Bleu.” Jay-Z
61. “Full of that loud, got me quiet in the crowd, standing out it, Miami Vice, minus the Crockett & Tubbs.”- Currensy
62. “That’s a summer wit Miami, Bottle in the air, I’m living without a care.” Summer Wit’ Miami by Jim Jones
MUSIC ARTIST MIAMI QUOTES
63. “What’s so beautiful about Miami is that we support each other. We’re just one big family, not just the entertainers, just everyone in general.” – DJ Khaled
64. “But this is Miami, you can’t come to Miami and not show any skin. You gotta show something. If you’re all covered up in this heat, you’re gonna make me pass out out just to look at you. It’s sweaty in Miami – but the diamonds will keep me cool.” – Lil’ Kim
65. “Miami is really special place for me, particularly in U.S. It was one of the first places in the country to really embrace dance music, and I’ve been going there for many, many years.” – Tiesto
66. “I like Miami in the winter: there’s no humidity, no bugs, no mosquitoes. You go out and wear your jacket, and you’re all good!” – Prince Royce
67. “Growing up in Miami, I had all these great, strong influences. You know, being Cuban and the Latin influence, but also the strong Hip-hop influence” – Kat Dahlia
68. “Being from Miami, you’re used to the fact that your home is a vacation spot. But that’s what makes Miami one of the best places in the world. We’re so rich in different cultures, being so close to Haiti, Cuba, the Dominican Republic, and Puerto Rico, and then you’ve got people who travel from all over the world just to come visit.” – Flo Rida
CELEBRITIES QUOTES ABOUT MIAMI
69. “In Miami, there’s a Latin flavor, and I just love every bit of it.” – Ryan Guzman
70. “Miami’s like paradise. And I think the beaches are topless. So we’re gonna spend a lot of time at the beach.”- Pauly D
71. “In L.A. you can hide. I can hide at the beach, hide up in the hills. In Miami everybody is looking at you.” – Jamie Foxx
72. “A lot of times when I say I didn’t do anything I was actually in Miami doing a show.” – Girl Talk
73. “I love Rome for their calzones and New York City for the variety of quality eateries, but I absolutely fell in love with Miami for the stone crabs at Joe’s just off Ocean Drive – the best I’ve ever had, and the Cajun food. The steaks out there are colossal – it’s like having a shark and a cow on your plate.” – Paul Hollywood
74. “In New York I’m a six, but in Miami, I was like a negative three” – Amy Schumer “
75. Miami is just really fun whenever I go there. It’s like this post-apocalyptic Barbie world: everything is pink, and there are palm trees everywhere. But then there are also all these people in crazy sunglasses, warehouses with sick parties where all the girls are covered in spikes and black leather. It’s a very weird place.” – Grimes
76. “As good as Miami is, we’d rather go to Miami.” – Luol Deng
77. “They trying to change the game on them, … A lot of people have done movies in Miami, and movies in MIA are real bright. Movies in Miami are yellow and red and green. He’s shooting a lot at night, trying to make it hot.” Jamie Foxx
MIAMI BEACH QUOTES
78. “Miami Beach is where neon goes to die.”- Lenny Bruce
79. “One of my favorite vacation places is Miami, because of the people, the water and the beach – of course – and the architecture on Miami Beach is so wonderful.” – Oksana Baiul
80. “I was this kid who had been raised in New York, and now all of a sudden, my mother decided that she was a Jewish divorces and therefore she should be living in Miami Beach.”- Natasha Lyonne
81. ”Some folks like to get away, take a holiday from the neighborhood hop a flight to Miami Beach or to Hollywood. But ,I’m talking a Greyhound on the Hudson River Line I’m in a New York state of mind.”- Billy Joel
MIAMI QUOTES FOR INSTAGRAM
82. “I love the Miami atmosphere.” – Shaquille O’Neal
83. “Finally made it to Miami. Gonna go kill a Cuban Sandwich and some coffee.”- Gabriel Iglesias
84. “I will go to a nice restaurant in Miami, and no one sitting at the tables will notice me or even know who I am. Then everyone in the kitchen comes out and wants to take a picture.” Jorge Ramos
85. “I’ve always had fun in Miami.” – Samuel Eto’o
86. “I came to Miami for the first time during the winter, and naturally, I fell in love with the weather.” – Joanna Krupa
87. “Miami is a melting pot in which none of the stones melt. They rattle around.” – Tom Wolfe
88. “Miami will always be special to me.” – Christian Yelich
MIAMI CAPTIONS FOR YOUR INSTAGRAM
89. Miami vibes.
90. Miami is always a good idea.
91. Going to Miami.
92. Meet me in Miami.
93. Any day is a good day in Miami.
94. Palm trees and 80 degrees.
95. Miami state of mind.
96. I love you Miami.
97. Find me in Miami.
98. Find me where the music meets the ocean.
99. I’m in Miami!
100. If lost return to Miami.
101. There’s no place like Miami!
102. Miami has my heart.
103. Wake up in Miami.
104. Welcome to Miami.
105. I’d rather be in Miami.
106. Miami my kind of town.
107. Wake up and explore Miami!
108. Aloha Miami!
109. Life is better in Miami.
110. I feel in love with Miami.
111. Let’s get lost in Miami.
112. Miami has embraced me and I love them for that.
113. Always say yes to Miami!
114. I’ve found my paradise in Miami.
115. Good morning Miami!
116. Making memories in Miami.
117. I have a special place in my heart for Miami.
MIAMI CAPTIONS FROM THE FAMOUS
118. “Miami is always super, duper lit.” -Post Malone
119. “Miami is a party city, a go-fast city.”- Rick Ross
120. “Miami drivers will attempt to pass you inside a car wash.” -Dave Barry
121. “I suspect that most people in the world will travel through or at least wish to travel through Miami in their lifetimes. I think it is on the same level as seeing the pyramids in Giza for many people. But, Miami is slippery: It is a place that is always that distant orgiastic green light while also being a hot, tropical, and very real place.” – Jim Drain
122. “Miami has embraced me and I love them for that.” – Lil Wayne
123. “I’ve only been to these foreign countries: Canada, L.A., and Miami.”- Larry The Cable Guy
124. “I think just growing up in Miami, there’s a gumbo of different cultures that influence us.” – Flo Rida
125. “Miami is my favorite art fair. I even surfed there one year.” – Richard Phillips
MIAMI SONG LYRICS FOR INSTAGRAM CAPTIONS
126. “Miami the city that keeps the roof blazin”- Miami by Will Smith
127. “Bouncing in the club, where the heat is on, all night, on the beach till the break of dawn, I’m going to Miami. Welcome to Miami.” – Miami by Will Smith
128. “Welcome to Miami where they hustle hey, and they ride duce tres like everyday.” – Welcome To Miami by Pitbull
129. “We could make something beautiful, Something that wouldn’t be a problem, At least not in Miami, You know, some places are like your auntie, But there’s no place like Miami” – Miami by U2
130. “Shorty beside me, wind blowing through her hair. Oh, no no, that’s the summer wit Miami.” Summer Wit’ Miami by Jim Jones
131. “The good life, it feel like Atlanta, it feel like L.A., it feel like Miami.”- Good Life by Kanye West
132. “Miami nights, it was all a dream.”- Miami Nights by Wale
133. “Everybody talks about the California quakes, but the first time I ever felt the Earth shake was in Miami.” Miami My Amy by Keith Whitley
134. “Baby girl, used ride on the metro, had a dream of diamonds and stilettos. First class in Miami from the West Coast.” Dancer by Flo Rida
135. “There’s a place in Miami where they heal your soul. Fill the glass with your deepest hope. Where the faces have no name. I feel I’m home. Theres a beach in Miami, when the sun is gone. You dance in the sand and your’e not alone.” Miami by Alexandra Stan
136. “I’m in Miami b***h!”- LMFAO
137. “Sho gon’ make you move to Miami. She moving like a gypsy.”- Move To Miami by Enrique Iglesias
138. “Tell uncle Luke I’m out in Miami, too.” The Motto by Drake
SOME LOCAL MIAMI PHRASES & MIAMI SAYINGS
Below I have some pretty common Miami sayings used quite frequently. You won’t be out of the loop with these few phrases I listed below.
139. Supposably (supposedly)
140. The + city ( refers to a city, such as The Gables, The Key)
141. Chanks (flip flops)
142. Getties ( informal get together)
143. Dasit (that’s it)
144. Disney ( all of Orlando)
145. Bro (friend)
146. Pero liiike (but, like)
147. Besos (kisses paired with kissing each cheek during a greeting)
148. Dalé (means anything to agreeing or disbelief)
149. Suuuuper (the best)
MIAMI HASHTAGS FOR INSTAGRAM
As a local I already know some the best hashtags and did the dirty work for you. Use these hashtags when posting your Miami captions on Instagram.
Generic Miami Hashtags:
#miamibeach #florida #miamilife #305 #miamidade #southflorida #igersmiami #miamiliving #miamistyle #thingstodomiami #miamifl #miamiflorida #miami #miamivibes #miamiliving #miamibound #miamigirl #miamifl #mia #miaexplore #miamiheat #lifestyle_miami #miamilifestyle #dadecounty #dade #onlyinmiamidade #miamidadecounty
Miami Nightlife Hashtags:
#miaminights #livmiami #miaminightlife #storymiami #miamievents #liv #miamiparties #miamiclubs #livnightclub #clubstory #clubliv #miaminights #miamiparties #storynightclub #southbeachclubs #miaminightclubs #nikkibeachmiami#e11even #brickellnightlife #southbeachparties #miamibeachparties
South Beach Hashtags:
#southbeach #sobe #southbeachmiami #oceandrive #miamibeach
Miami Neighborhoods Hashtags:
#brickell #brickellmiami #brickellkey #wynwood #wynwoodmiami #wynwoodartdistrict #wynwoodartsdistrict #downtownmiami #littlehaiti #coralgables #littlehavana #littlehavanamiami
THAT’S A WRAP ON 149 QUOTES ABOUT MIAMI
Hope you enjoyed this list of Miami quotes and Miami captions. Tell me which one was your favorite in the comments below.
Planning a trip to Florida? Check out these posts to get some inspiration for great cities to visit in the sunshine state.
- 27 Things To Do In Miami Beach
- Best Places To Eat In Miami
- Best Places To Take Pictures In Miami
- Top Hotels In Miami South Beach To Stay
- 30 Things To Do In Fort Lauderdale
- Top Things To Do During Your Visit To Naples, Florida
- Fun Things To Do In Delray Beach
- 10 Nude Beaches In Florida
- Florida Packing List: The Essentials
- Epic Miami To Key West Road Trip
- Romantic Things To Do In Miami
Like quotes about travel? Then check out these other cool posts:
- Beach Travel Quotes
- Traveling Alone Quotes
- Funny Travel Quotes
- Sun Captions For Instagram
- Best Friend Travel Quotes
- Sun Captions For Instagram
- Summer Captions & Quotes
- Los Angeles Captions
- Beverly Hills Captions
- Mexico Captions
- Hawaii Captions For Instagram
- Beautiful Quotes About Greece
- New York Instagram Captions
- Sunset Captions & Quotes
- Waterfall Quotes & Captions
- Captions For Travel
- Statue Of Liberty Quotes
- Dubai Instagram Captions
- Desert Instagram Captions
- Rooftop Captions
- Times Square Captions
- Florida Captions
- Idioms About Travel